Sunday 29 September 2013

Granola bars

Granola Bars have been on my mind for a couple of weeks now, ever since I bought a horrible brand of Muesli Bars. So bad I cant even remember the brand. I used to buy Carmen's Muesli Bars until Simon decided that he like to eat 2 a day. We can all do the math on how long they lasted. So switching brands in an attempt to cut costs hasn't been going to well. So my solution ....make my own bars. I found this recipe and changed a few ingredients, I still think it needs a bit more work. I'll keep you posted with changing ingredients and hopefully I can master the perfect Granola Bar.


1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup raw pepitas 
1/2 cup dried cranberries 
1/2 cup mixed nuts I used almonds/walnuts/peanuts 
1/2 tbs chia seeds 
2/3 cup peanut butter 
1/2 cup organic rice syrup 
1/2 tab coconut oil 


Heat peanut butter, rice syrup and coconut oil in medium pan on low to mix together. Add all other dry ingredients in bowl, add syrup mixture to dry ingredients mix in then put in lined greased slice tin. 
Bake in oven for 25 minutes on 200c 
Slice into bars and top with melted chocolate if you like ....... enjoy. 


Let me know how you go if you give this recipe a go!!!! I still think it needs work maybe more syrup less peanut butter or honey as well. It's a start anyway. 


No comments:

Post a Comment